When applying for the position of a Certified Behavioral Health Technician, you’ll need a few things to showcase your experience and lay out why you would be the best candidate for the role. Let’s dive into everything you need to know about securing a job as a CBHT.
- You’ll need a professionally crafted resume to highlight your education and prior job experiences or internships. If you do not have the required job experience yet, show how your coursework or apprenticeship positions may have prepared you to take on this new role.
- You’ll need a copy of your diploma and transcripts from your highest level of education. Typically, a bachelor’s degree in psychology is preferred. This will provide proof that you graduated, as well as show your potential employer your grade point average.
- You’ll need to bring proof of identification, such as your passport, or your driver’s license and social security card. If needed, also bring your employment authorization that indicates that you are able to work in the U.S.
- Background Screening
- You’ll need to bring proof of a background check completed through the Agency for Health Care Administration. This can be completed online.
- You’ll need to bring copies of certificates from courses that you have completed to make you more prepared for this role. You will need the Behavioral Health Technician Certificate for this position.
Where to get certified
In order to get the required certificate for this position, you’ll need to complete the course online. At Amalia’s we offer a program online for $250. The program includes 50 hours of content-specific training broken up into five main sections:
– Engagement & Assessment: 9 hours
– Service Planning & Development: 8 hours
– Coordination, Linkage, & Monitoring: 13 hours
– Documentation: 10 hours
– Professional, Legal, & Ethical Responsibilities: 10 hours
To get more information on how to become certified and grow your career, check out our website.